The next chapter in the history of Tuckahoe Montessori School is about to begin! With the start of the 2017-18 school year, we will open our doors at 6818 West Grace Street, welcoming TMS students and their families to a beautiful, wooded, and centrally-located campus just two miles from our current location.
Our new home will allow us to expand our Montessori and enrichment offerings while remaining in the heart of Richmond’s Near West End. As our students and their families arrive on the first day of school in September, they will be surrounded by trees, catch a glimpse of our lovely creek, and make their way in to their new, bright classrooms designed for an ideal Montessori experience.
The new location, in the educational wing and on the surrounding property of Christ United Methodist Church, will feature a number of exciting enhancements:
- A lovely Toddler Cottage with its own, easily accessible outdoor area for exploration and play
- Classrooms with nearly floor-to-ceiling windows that will provide a view of the surrounding natural environment to even our smallest students
- Ground-floor access that facilitates the spontaneous natural exploration that is such an important part of a Montessori education
- Additional parking and a safer, simpler drop-off and pick-up flow
- A tricycle track and basketball area
- Bathrooms in each classroom and in-class sinks for water-based work and experiments
- And so much more!
Our years at Westminster Presbyterian Church have been such happy ones, a time when we have expanded our offerings to include the Toddler, Elementary, and Lunch Bunch programs. Our new home on West Grace Street will meet the school’s growing infrastructure needs while providing our wonderful Montessori community with an inspiring environment where we can all continue to discover, learn, and grow together!